K20 head / K24 block - Hybrid Parts List - Page 10 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Engine Building & Design
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-08-2015, 03:59 AM   #226
StrengthInHumility

StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMrsxS View Post
You can't use the k20 timing chain if you are going to run a k24 block.
I understand the k24 block is taller and the chain won't fit. I wasn't specific now was I Mr? I just listed parts assuming people wouldn't think I'm that dumb.
StrengthInHumility is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #227
BOMrsxS
Master Member

BOMrsxS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Well you sound dumb in a lot of your posts so you shouldn't assume anything.

You said k20 oil pump, tensioner, and chain. Sounds to me like you meant all of that stuff is k20 variant. Especially when you have k24 parts listed above it. You should be more clear in your posts so people don't think you're dumb.

Last edited by BOMrsxS; 06-09-2015 at 04:48 PM..
BOMrsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:41 AM   #228
StrengthInHumility

StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx StrengthInHumility might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Well you sound dumb in a lot of your posts so you shouldn't assume anything.

You said k20 oil pump, tensioner, and chain. Sounds to me like you meant all of that stuff is k20 variant. Especially when you have k24 parts listed above it. You should be more clear in your posts so people don't think you're dumb.
Gotcha. I'll try and speak more clearly next time.
StrengthInHumility is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #229
troubleshooter
Master Member

troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
here is the route I'm heading to:
BNIB JDM K20A Type R Head
BNIB JDM K24A Block Part# 11000-RBB-802
The block comes off of JDM Accord TL24 or 2.4 Type S CL9

QUESTION: can anyone confirm if that part # of the JDM K24 block is an A2?

car: stock 06 Type S
issue: low compression on the 2nd cylinder and my engine is eating up oil
current mileage is: 150k
Old 11-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #230
LEBRÓNBORICUA
Crazy Puertorrican

LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Need some help!!!!

I'm new here, and for now this is the website most helpful definitely, I got a 2002 stock acura rsx type s buuuuut!!! I want to put a k24 block so I just want like a list of the parts or mostly all of them to get it and take it to the shop including wich type of computer or ECU, FUEL PUMP, INJECTORS, size of pistons, springs, valves retainers etc etc I just want to make a new motor like "0 miles" cuz mines got 158000 something so

SOME HELP?

OHH PLUS MI SIGNAL LIGHTS AIN'T WORKING AND I ALREADY CHECKED OUT THE BULBS FUSES AND ALL THAT AND STILL NOT WORKING ALL THAT HAPPENED AFTER I PUT A NEW RADIO

THAAAAAAANKS!!!!!
LEBRÓNBORICUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #231
jamescallowa

jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Can you share some info how you did the swap ? Is it worth it ?
jamescallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #232
LEBRÓNBORICUA
Crazy Puertorrican

LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LEBRÓNBORICUA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah

I already to to my mechanic and believe me if you gonna make a good investment in the motor do it right so on the list that i did i was looking for around 8000 without doing something in the transmission but everything in the motor was new and good parts like brian crower etc etc but you making 500+ hp
LEBRÓNBORICUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:09 PM   #233
AIRITE
Fast and Furious

AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
will do

Quote:
In its stock form no it will not. Any k24 for that matter shouldn't be revved any higher than 85k and even that is really pushing it. I set my redline at 8k. And I very rarely even take it up that high. There is no need to take the k24 any higher than 8k. Do some reading around the k24 build threads and you'll see why. Good luck with your build and welcome to the Honda big block club
ok thanks 8k is 500 more than I run on a3 now plus I am sure peak will be lower than that anyways as mine is at 170hp@5700
so s2k springs? or any other things? a2 cams more power but lower economy or something that will move my powerband up to 7500 and give me a long smooth band? a2 TB or bigger aftermarket? injectors only if I am maxing out? I am ok with not being the most powerful I like N/A reliability and low maintenance but if there are logical improvements to make I would like to hear them. if its advisable Ill run stock and go from there I just don't want to pull the motor once its in. I have kpro rbc and full bolt ons to move over. Will the 20mm higher valve cover cause hood interference with my Mugen hood or oem

2006 Acura RSX Base Auto KPRO 170,000+mi
from Ohio to Vegas to California to Michigan

Last edited by AIRITE; 04-14-2016 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: deck height question
AIRITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:10 PM   #234
Enishi26
VTEC Connoisseur

Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just finished reading this INCREDIBLY INFORMATIVE thread. I have just a few quick questions:
1: Will the k24a1/2 match up with the 05 RSX-S tranny just fine?
2: On the original RSX motor its not recommended to go below 10lbs when getting a lightweight flywheel. Does the same go for this?
3: Do I need to worry about compression at all? Is there anything I need to pay special attention to when putting it together?
4: the original k24a1 longblock is rated for 160hp. Does the head really change all of that and will show me 200+whp?
5: Does anyone know if the skunk2 alpha header will fit?

Just locked the motor on my 05 Type-S and looking to rebuild bigger and better.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys!!
K&N Typhoon SRI/Skunk2 intake mani/Skunk2 70mm TB/Skunk2 Alpha Race Header/Invidia Q300/RC650 injectors/innovative mounts/Blox short shifter adapter/Tein Basis/ competition Clutch Stage 2/Competition clutch ultra lightweight flywheel/ Kelford 179-A/K-Tuner
K20Z1/K24A2 239.1whp/169.8tq
Enishi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #235
Brandon13buckley
1 of few active members..

Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Brandon13buckley might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
First step is do your research, yes the tranny mates up all kseries are the same, I would probably keep it around 10 pounds for the flywheel I have a type r im mating up to mine, Just ensure that if you have a k24a3 or a4 that you change pistons and rods as they will probably make contact with head if you dont. Theres a whole diy, and many many more already posted just do your research, the header is a hit or miss, some work some dont if you have more then 20mm clearance on top of your header and the sway bar it should be fine.
Brandon13buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:05 AM   #236
Enishi26
VTEC Connoisseur

Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13buckley View Post
First step is do your research, yes the tranny mates up all kseries are the same, I would probably keep it around 10 pounds for the flywheel I have a type r im mating up to mine, Just ensure that if you have a k24a3 or a4 that you change pistons and rods as they will probably make contact with head if you dont. Theres a whole diy, and many many more already posted just do your research, the header is a hit or miss, some work some dont if you have more then 20mm clearance on top of your header and the sway bar it should be fine.
Thanks for the reply!! I still have a lot of research to do. Thanks a lot Brandon13buckley!!
K&N Typhoon SRI/Skunk2 intake mani/Skunk2 70mm TB/Skunk2 Alpha Race Header/Invidia Q300/RC650 injectors/innovative mounts/Blox short shifter adapter/Tein Basis/ competition Clutch Stage 2/Competition clutch ultra lightweight flywheel/ Kelford 179-A/K-Tuner
K20Z1/K24A2 239.1whp/169.8tq
Enishi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:15 AM   #237
2Pro

2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2Pro is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Stupid question, I have a base model rsx.
Wanted to do this swap.. Do I need a different ecu?
2Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #238
burton5251

burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post
it is fixed
Anyway to get the parts list to work again?
2006 NHBP RSX-S | Ported CT-E w/ Ceramic Coated Rotor Pack | 6.37 CP + 2.9" BP | MercRacing Inlet, 2.25" AC, Tensioner & Fuel Rail | Evolved 1000cc | ProMeth W/M (14 GPH) | 74mm TB & Custom 3.5" Intake | Invidia RH/Q300 | KTuner Rev.1 w/ TC & BBG | IMW Tuned | MFactory LSD | Synchrotech Carbon Syncos
burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:23 PM   #239
igaryy
needs a fasttter car = \

igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton5251 View Post
Anyway to get the parts list to work again?
bump
igaryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:41 AM   #240
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

dustyboner User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
this is the most recent version i could find

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0011223344.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	547255  
RSX fog light install guide

watch him play with his meat
dustyboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:45 AM   #241
plip_boy

plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyboner View Post

THank You Dusty
plip_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:06 PM   #242
AIRITE
Fast and Furious

AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks, a few more questions for anyone who might know.

Quote:

Thanks. According to this all I'm missing is the engine mount bracket.

A few questions if anyone can help.
1- I'm using full k24a4 no hybrid. Will I need different Radiator hoses
2- will I need oil pan from a type s?
3-transmission gasket or any others?
4- I am using RBC manifold so pics or links of what water ports needs to be blocked off? Or easier to buy another RBC?

Or just introduce me to a thread or person that knows. I've been on here for 10 years so yes I've searched read and forgot by now. Kpro full bolt-ons Southwest Michigan.

My k20a3 needs work and it's cheaper for me to swap what I got than fix timing chain and water pumps only to risk further failure. Thanks Anthony.Henrickson on Instagram if you're on there.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #243
plip_boy

plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx plip_boy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRITE View Post
Quote:

Thanks. According to this all I'm missing is the engine mount bracket.

A few questions if anyone can help.
1- I'm using full k24a4 no hybrid. Will I need different Radiator hoses
2- will I need oil pan from a type s?
3-transmission gasket or any others?
4- I am using RBC manifold so pics or links of what water ports needs to be blocked off? Or easier to buy another RBC?

Or just introduce me to a thread or person that knows. I've been on here for 10 years so yes I've searched read and forgot by now. Kpro full bolt-ons Southwest Michigan.

My k20a3 needs work and it's cheaper for me to swap what I got than fix timing chain and water pumps only to risk further failure. Thanks Anthony.Henrickson on Instagram if you're on there.
1) No you should be able to use the same ones but make sure, condition of hoses are good.

2) No type S bc the oil pump is different.

3) Transmission gasket? Who said u need to swap that? You should be able to pull one motor n jus drop the a4 in. Plus your rbc n kpro u should be good.

4) I believe a4 is the accord. So you need a uncut rbc for the coolant port on the right of the head where manifold attaches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181130-084022_Gallery_1543585260553.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	657.2 KB
ID:	547859  
Old 12-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #244
AIRITE
Fast and Furious

Thanks.

I have seen people talk about blocking the ports off by welding shut. I might just source an uncut RBC then.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:22 PM   #245
Dieonne

Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Uncut RBC are cheaper on the wallet anyway.
Dieonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #246
plip_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRITE View Post
I have seen people talk about blocking the ports off by welding shut. I might just source an uncut RBC then.

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/K24-...ter_p_480.html

depends on what you want to do