MN *CHAT* Ready your boots and parkas, RACEHOUSE is huddling in for winter. - Page 72 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > REGIONAL RSX > United States RSX > Mid West
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM   #1776
DC5nv
sapnu puas

DC5nv gets around and is known
DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known
280whp on a (Connecticut) dynojet dyno
Then 217whp on a (Florida) mustang dyno..

I was pleasantly surprised when he got 280, then disappointed when he got 217. BUT, a LOT of his money was spent on suspension mods which is what's needed for the miata around the track.

That's pretty large difference in power though.
DC5nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #1777
MITeggy17
El Chapo

MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
He was also on M1 for the 280 horsepower pull.

Car seems pretty quick if you ask me...weighs sub 2200? 2100? lbs.

ThePremSociety | Stella | Team Tuna | Infamous O.G. | G.O.A.T
MITeggy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM   #1778
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5nv View Post
280whp on a (Connecticut) dynojet dyno
Then 217whp on a (Florida) mustang dyno..

I was pleasantly surprised when he got 280, then disappointed when he got 217. BUT, a LOT of his money was spent on suspension mods which is what's needed for the miata around the track.

That's pretty large difference in power though.
Holy heart breaker....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITeggy17 View Post
He was also on M1 for the 280 horsepower pull.

Car seems pretty quick if you ask me...weighs sub 2200? 2100? lbs.
Yeah, 2100. Gimme dat.

Seems impossible.
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #1779
DC5nv
sapnu puas

DC5nv gets around and is known
DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known
Found out this weekend the subframes between a non-m and m are different. Found front and rear subframes for $250. Might have to pull the trigger tonight.

Next I need to find a 5spd tranny/drive shaft.
DC5nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #1780
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member
Get it
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #1781
MITeggy17
El Chapo

MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
2230 lbs.

Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #1782
MITeggy17
El Chapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5nv View Post
Found out this weekend the subframes between a non-m and m are different. Found front and rear subframes for $250. Might have to pull the trigger tonight.

Next I need to find a 5spd tranny/drive shaft.
Do it bih.

Old Today, 09:35 AM   #1783
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Ah, I read or heard him say 2100. Still 470 pounds lighter than mine. I legit dont understand how.

Throttle body comes today.

Spose if i wanted, I could start porting when I get home...
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #1784
Sage0021

Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though
Sage0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 PM   #1785
Sage0021

Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though Sage0021 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevink121 View Post
Little kitty guy apparently had feline leukemia.
Dude... I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that feeling and mine was the same age too. Just enough time to really love the little dude and then he's gone. So painful.

Quote:
Grid Life time attack participation is going to require an SCCA racing license moving forward.

I dont know what it takes to get one but Im already annoyed. At minimum, its 65/year for their membership(necessary to acquire a licence) and hopefully just proving your experience... doubt it...
NASA requires you to complete their HPDE program before getting a TT license. I'm sure SCCA is the same. They also told me there was a strict 2 event minimum before moving up in HPDE so basically 8 events at a minimum from square one, more if you have more learning to do. (GL region NASA, they probably vary on the rules)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITeggy17 View Post
I'm aiming to get to the track more next year, really been missing out on the last few years.
Tell me about it bruh... I don't even know what I'm doing anymore these days. I didn't even put insurance or register the car last year for the first time ever. It just sat there after I dropped $4k on it and I drove it once.
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #1786
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage0021 View Post
Dude... I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that feeling and mine was the same age too. Just enough time to really love the little dude and then he's gone. So painful.

I thought of you after the whole naming the car after the cat thing. It occurred to me thats why your plate and user name and everything is Sage.

But no kidding. Not even 2. Damn shame. Aja is already kiten crazy trying to go to the adoption center every free hour we have. Too soon. Im also worried there could be contagions around. I don't want to chance going through that again.

Eventually though.

Quote:
NASA requires you to complete their HPDE program before getting a TT license. I'm sure SCCA is the same. They also told me there was a strict 2 event minimum before moving up in HPDE so basically 8 events at a minimum from square one, more if you have more learning to do. (GL region NASA, they probably vary on the rules)
That would put a massive brake on getting this off the ground. Massive.

The rules also leave a giant gaping hole in what I want to do to my car as well. I had loosely read them a few times but apparently weight reduction is fully open even in the lowest class. I thought it was a street based class but as it stands, a fully prepped spec miata could throw some bolt-ons in, switch their tune and murder everyone. Sorta kills the concept of what they're going for.

Quote:
Tell me about it bruh... I don't even know what I'm doing anymore these days. I didn't even put insurance or register the car last year for the first time ever. It just sat there after I dropped $4k on it and I drove it once.
Old Today, 04:00 PM   #1787
Sage0021

Quote:

I thought of you after the whole naming the car after the cat thing. It occurred to me thats why your plate and user name and everything is Sage.

But no kidding. Not even 2. Damn shame. Aja is already kiten crazy trying to go to the adoption center every free hour we have. Too soon. Im also worried there could be contagions around. I don't want to chance going through that again.

Eventually though.
This is true, and yea it can be construed as a little silly to some but at that time in my life I had just broken up with my GF of 5 years and going thru multiple medical issues and Sage was honestly the only thing that kept me going for quite a while. No joke I credit him with saving my life as I hit massive depression and had he not been there every day I might not be here either. Then he got sick on a Friday and over the weekend I wasn't able to save him and had to put him down in my arms. The one and only thing that has ever died in my arms and it affected me more than I like to admit. Now Kali just turned 6 years old and she is a hybrid that will probably have a shorter life than normal cats so I'm already mentally preparing. I got a few years left but not sure how many, she is healthy and active so hopefully more than I'm thinking. Keep your head up dood and just know that a replacement wont ever take his place but in time it will fade just like everything else in life.
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #1788
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Yeah man, every time he had his brush with heart failure I thought he was dying in my hands. The last time at home he stopped breathing for a good 5 second immediately after a fit of gasping and crying, trying to get oxygen to his blood. Thought that was it. I kinda hoped it was so I could finally take him out to the woods and put him to rest... He kicked back and hung on. It was his 4th episode over the weekend. His last one was at the vet while they administered the sedative. Little guy basically died in my hands 5 times.

Roughest shit I've been through. He was undeniably a part of the family and the best part of our home.

The only reason I was against getting a cat in the first place was knowing that the day would come we would go through something like that and I just didnt want to knowingly enter into it at all. Even though we only had a year and a few months with him, I still feel it was worth it.

Better to have had a kitty boy and lost, than to never have had a kitty boy at all.
Old Today, 04:27 PM   #1789
Kevink121
#Inkpot

But anyways, hows shit man?!? Long time no post.

Good to see you back on the page. Just been Nate, Teg and I inching this thread along.
Old Today, 04:39 PM   #1790
Sage0021

Quote:
But anyways, hows shit man?!? Long time no post.

Good to see you back on the page. Just been Nate, Teg and I inching this thread along.
Yea I'm sorry. I've been preoccupied with figuring out what lifes all about and that jazz. Everything is going fine, Kiddo is doing great. Running and babbling about all over the place. I miss this place and you guys and think about it often but never make the effort to pop in so for that I'm sorry. The car turned into one giant ball of stress that I just couldn't focus on anymore. Today was the first time I've even thought about it for a long time which is why I'm here. The thought of just ho hum HPDE shit doesn't excite me and I don't have the time/money to go after NASA or anything on that level anymore. Maybe soonish but probably not this season. Otherwise shit is the same, replaced all 4 calipers this spring and one is already fucked up after one event, suspension never got sorted out its just sitting in pieces on the workbench. If all goes well I do want to at least get out for PG and bring the kid with some ear muffs or whatever. Just feel like I need to get excited about it again and it doesn't happen. I'll be back bro
Old Today, 06:22 PM   #1791
Kevink121
#Inkpot

No sorries necessary dood. Thats life.

I hear you though. Getting bored with track days and wanting more. I was trying to get comfy with the idea of being content just running track days. Maybe buy an aim solo and really just dig into data & hone my own craft against myself. I think that would help a lot. That and just enjoying it for what it is. Getting out and ripping it up for the sole sake of it.

This miata class stuff got me all giddy and I bought a bundle of stuff but it doesnt look like its going to be what i thought it was. If its even attainable given this new licensing stuff.

Still dont know what I'd do if I werent doing this stuff.

Would be awesome to get you back out to pg though for sure. Went with DeReusse and a bunch of strangers last time. Fun but not the same. Was going to try and be a worker for the next one if no one was coming. Would be nice getting the cheap track time but would rather have a good weekend with the bros.
Old Today, 08:01 PM   #1792
MITeggy17
El Chapo

Quote:
Upgrades or maintenance?

Do tell, nice to see you're still alive.

Old Today, 08:07 PM   #1793
MITeggy17
El Chapo

5 more days down under, then I'm home for Christmas