Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Car keeps dying after sitting for a few days

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bagdrsxguy 
#1 ·
So I’ve recently been having this issue with my base 02 rsx where the car won’t start after not driving it for 3 days. Originally I thought my battery was bad but after replacing the battery the problem continued. I started to do a parasitic draw test to see if something was always getting power and found that the sunroof switch and a few other fuses had power even when the key wasn’t in the ignition. Another weird thing happens when I jump start it. Once I get the car started my headlights, turn signals, and interior light turn on without touching the switch. All the lights turn off and function normally when I put the car in gear. My next suspicion is that my ignition switch isn’t shutting off completely and things are staying powered, but I’m not sure.
-Thanks

#4 ·
Do you have a volt meter. Pulling fuse 9 under the hood and checking for a draw there is a good place to start. For me I found the draw in the cluster as my car would draw down in about 3 days. Lots of things run through that fuse, but others have had the bad cluster. I may do an S2k conversion or just get one off eBay.

#6 ·
Unplug ground, run between post and terminal wire, set to amp, then pull the fuses in engine bay first. If one drops, then you found the draw. Should be less than .01--I think. I was at .58, so it was easy to see it go down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.