Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

PLEASE HELP! Trans won't go into gear when on.

Tags
gear trans
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  UndutifulTomb87 
#1 ·
I changed the master and the slave and bled the system real good. I push the clutch pedal to the floor and it engages the master to push on the fork on the trans. All the gears engage when the car is off. When the car is on, I push the clutch pedal down, the master engages and pushes the fork strong as it should but the trans won't go into any gears, try to force the shifter in and trans just grinds. If I try pushing the shifter into 1st, the car will slowly role foward. I turn the car on with it in gear and clutch pedal to the floor and it jerks foward like I'm not pushing the clutch pedal in. Back story is I was doing a pull on the highway and clutch pedal went to the floor and never came back up. Found that the master was blown, changed it, then later found the slave was blown too and changed it. Both times I bled it good. That night I was able to get the car in gear and get it home. Also, I never smelt any burning of the clutch so I know it can't be that.
The only option I have left is to drop the trans because Idk any other options what to do. I think the fork is broken in the trans but Idk. Any ideas please???? Car has been in the garage for almost a year, it runs but also has a fuel issue that started while the car was sitting in the garage the first couple weeks but I'll ave that for another thread.

#5 ·
Before I go taking it out the trans, if the clutch isn't disengaging you think starting the car in gear a couple times will do anything, maybe rocking the car if maybe the clutch is stuck, or putting it on jack stands and starting it in gear? Will this do more harm then good?

#7 ·
I'm not sure what you will learn/gain by doing that, but if you do, definitely do it in the air. Otherwise you will lurch/launch and possibly hit something, and then stall the car whenever you go to stop again. I don't think it will fix it, if that's what you're asking :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.