Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

ECU tune...

Tags
ecu tune
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Apollo2020 
#1 ·
So I booked an "appointment" to have my car tuned as the guy was doing a discount until the end of the month.

He's explained it to me but it all seems fishy because we aren't meeting in an actual store but at a McDonalds.

It's not even a reflash or a new ECU but he said it's a chip that plugs into the OBD2 port studies the fuel map in my ECU, then adjusts parameters like the fuel injector, and timing.

He says its guaranteed to be safe.

I looked him up and it's Moyosecutuning and he's got a bunch of reviews on his website.

I have an CAI and a catback exhaust for anyone wondering

Also, while i'm at it, should I upgrade my fuel injectors?

K tuned has fuel injectors rated from 410cc to 550cc whereas the stock injectors are 270cc

Does anyone else think it might be a scam?

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
My vote is scam. Last I checked, our cars don't have flash based tuning available, only in ECU hardware. Not very impressed with the website either.

Whether it's a scam or not, the only tuning solution you should screw with is Kpro or Ktuner. Those are proven to work. What this guy is advertising sounds like something that just tricks the ECU like Neuspeed modules.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.