Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Track *Chat* Part III

Tags
iii part track
63K views 656 replies 37 participants last post by  Koopa Troopa 
#1 ·
Continue.

#547 ·
You were running 16k/26k? That'd be brutal on the street.

I really like my Monosports, they're great off the shelf, but the 12k/14k setup is roll city on track. And go figure, Tein used 70 mm springs with 125 mm free length, and there's barely anything out there in Swift or Hyperco's catalog to replace them with, Unless I machined the spring collars down to 65 mm. Even then, I make it to the track once a year as is.

#548 ·
I rarely drove my car on the street and they actually felt good on the street, even with the rear on almost max stiff. Feels better than my DC2 Koni/Ground Control combo. I don't think there is anything off the shelf that can compare with AMR shocks with Swift springs for the $$.

#550 ·
Yea it's just a small company who makes a good product. I had issues with my front struts coming loose (possible from shit install and me never checking them) and he sent me brand new ones at no charge. Was going to buy them for my DC2 but I came across a steal on some MCS 2WNR.

#554 ·
Factory ITR gear set REM polished, 4.7 final drive, MFactory 1.0 plate.

Running Torco RTF with friction modifier. Stock shifter, stock shift cables, Exedy stage 1 with the 9 pound flywheel.

#556 ·
There is absolutely no way I would consider rates like that (14/18). The suspension geometry is so wonky on these cars that it needs a ton of spring rate in the rear to rotate. Even with my 16k/26k I want a stiffer rear (I don't run smaller tires in the rear which is probably a mistake). Look at all the older RSX touring racecars. They all run 2,000+lbs of spring in the rear.

#559 ·
I often wonder why I have coilovers on my car on Michigan roads, it's awful.

However, this is track chat. I did enjoy how the RSDs rode when I had them, but again, very soft front spring.

Wish I had more time to get to the track :eek:

#566 ·
So do I and I prefer it to off the shelf Koni yellows/ground controls that I have on my Integra.

Yea most. Today's street tires are on a whole different level than back in the day. I cant imagine a properly prepped RSX with any different spring rates. Also the fact that Swift springs are the best on the market and make it feel even better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.