Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MN (or whatever)*CHAT* One lonely Miata keeping the Racehouse crew active into 2019

36K views 2K replies 11 participants last post by  MITeggy17 
#1 ·
I'd almost put money on this thread never reaching 75 pages.

Kevink121 750
MITeggy17 308
jamesl85 178
korney 126
DC5nv 123
ashinsky 120
Sage0021 104
sinzdc5 64
Ransom 52
Dad 24
RuizDC5 16
k1icker 3
EDU 2
Silverlifematters 1
Fuccboi 1
overlap king 1

Aforementioned Miata

Them Racehouse bois better get back here and contest all this miata lovin

See less See more
#998 ·
Found out we're getting 4 temps to catch up on backlog created after a process change in October. I'll be the one training them in and directing their day-to-day o_O

Huh...

So do I get a raise now orrr....

#1,004 ·
Idk, I've heard nothing but horror stories from everyone... about everyone.

Ronnie from RS Motors is super hard to get a session with apparently. The guy from MAP has been long gone.

There's a rumored tuner around here that's apparently a jet engine engineer who does amazing tunes for cheap as a fun hobby but I've never gotten any solid details to who it is. Just that his name is "Brian".

All the local Miata kids go to a Subaru tuner. James' buddy brought a Subaru to that guy and the guy fucked it up and couldn't figure it out after like 2 weeks. A pretty mild Subaru at a Subaru tuner... so against the recommendations of the local Miata community, I dont think Ill head there.

Probably the Honda tuner at DB performance I know though. Like half of the homies from the local group got a bad tune from him but mine was spot on, including partial throttle for the most part. I did grill him vegan burgers while he was tuning me though so... Ill have to bring vegan burgers and the grill again.

*Context: It was a group tune, like 5 of our cars, we grilled and made an event out of it.

#1,017 ·
Got that bish turning gas and air into noise last night.

A weird noise. Not a desirable noise. Sounded like a big cam LS swap. I've read that MS might need to have timing calibrated. Might be that. Didnt let it run long enough to dink with the tune.

I soldered the wideband power source to a 20 amp fuse under the dash so that's going to need a legitimate home as well. Just did that to verify everything would work. Hella ghetto but... I wonder how long I could get away with it before someone noticed and calls me out...

hmm.jpg

#1,019 ·
Got the steering rack back in, o2 sensor in the pipe, every last thing in the engine bay cleaned up and finished.

Need to do oil, coolant, clean up wiring, configure megasquirt and put the wheels back on.

It might be drop top season this weekend. :fyea:

#1,021 ·
Nah thats what I mean by config MS.

Its either the way MS is keeping track of timing or... Idk actually. I might try to fire it up again after work and see what it does. I should probably glance at some of the instruction book as well.

Hoping its something simple. It probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.