Car audio system. Please, help!!! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
KazamaRSX

KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Car audio system. Please, help!!!

Hey everyone.
I have an RSX 2005 Base.

I want to buy this head unit:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130290...c&awug=9016044

And this pair of speakers:
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...yABEgLp5vD_BwE

I would like your advise on my choices, please.
I would like to stick with Pioneer audio. I know my price range is small, but here is what I want to spend - up to $100 for a pair of speakers and up to $200 on a double din head unit. Do you have any better suggestions than then the listed above? I currently have this head unit https://www.crutchfield.com/S-BTZ2rN...-P4000DVD.html
But it is too old and does not have a bluetooth connection.

I also want to get an AMP. I'm a complete noob in audio systems. If you could recommend me a decent, not expensive amp that will go with the system I chose, I would really appreciate.

Summary:
1) Head unit advice.
2) Speakers advice
3) AMP advice.
4) Do I need anything else apart from a sub (I'm not going to buy it yet)

Thank you!
KazamaRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
4 - you would need an amp kit. that's the kit needed to run all the stuff from the battery, console, etc to the trunk to power the sub and amp.

can't tell you which kit to get because you'll need to know how much power you want to run. 8/4/0 gauge

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
KazamaRSX

KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post
can't tell you which kit to get because you'll need to know how much power you want to run. 8/4/0 gauge
Is that the power of speakers or something different?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:22 PM   #4
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazamaRSX View Post
Is that the power of speakers or something different?
different. you'll need to know how much power the amp / sub takes to use it and some.

if you get a puny power gauge with a system that requires it to run more, you'll basically underpowering the system

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #5
KazamaRSX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post
different. you'll need to know how much power the amp / sub takes to use it and some.

if you get a puny power gauge with a system that requires it to run more, you'll basically underpowering the system
That's too much to understand for me as I have no idea how much power I need etc.
I think I'll just end up with buying the HU and the speakers I mentioned earlier.

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Basically if you had say a 400 watt amp 8 gauge wire for it would be adequate, you also need to take length into account but you usually have less than 15 ft in the RSX so its not a huge factor below is basically what you may need, I personally always run larger than needed as you never know when you might want to upgrade.

0/1 AWG 1000+ Watts
2 AWG 1000-1500 Watts
4 AWG 400-1000 Watts
6 AWG 600-800 Watts
8 AWG 200-400 Watts
10 AWG 100-200 Watts
Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
2 - 12 inch Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs
Locotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
KazamaRSX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locotony View Post
Basically if you had say a 400 watt amp 8 gauge wire for it would be adequate, you also need to take length into account but you usually have less than 15 ft in the RSX so its not a huge factor below is basically what you may need, I personally always run larger than needed as you never know when you might want to upgrade.

0/1 AWG 1000+ Watts
2 AWG 1000-1500 Watts
4 AWG 400-1000 Watts
6 AWG 600-800 Watts
8 AWG 200-400 Watts
10 AWG 100-200 Watts

Thank you.
I can see you're the audio guru. Could you advise if the HU and the speakers I chose are any good?
Old 02-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #8
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
HU is fine, esp if you don't want to do any CD's I prefer a little more in terms of sound adjustment but it's fine for a normal person, speakers are decent but that is also dependent on what you want to achieve, as something off HU power sure that is better than stock sure they are fine, even if you put a small amp on them, if you are wanting audiophile grade sound quality nope but not many coax speakers will do that and the ones that do are pretty high dollar brands.
Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
2 - 12 inch Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs
Locotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
KazamaRSX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locotony View Post
HU is fine, esp if you don't want to do any CD's I prefer a little more in terms of sound adjustment but it's fine for a normal person, speakers are decent but that is also dependent on what you want to achieve, as something off HU power sure that is better than stock sure they are fine, even if you put a small amp on them, if you are wanting audiophile grade sound quality nope but not many coax speakers will do that and the ones that do are pretty high dollar brands.
Thank you very much!