ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 65 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #1601
RedRabbitRacer

RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedRabbitRacer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
did you get this one figured out? check the values of the columns and make sure 8 wasn't made really lean beforehand.
The columns were straight and not reversed. The itr base is the one this is happening on. Do you think it is possible that 8 is the primary source of fuel and ignition data and its just barely making it to column 9 when it is interpolated so it's getting fuel for column 9 but only needs it for 8? Hopefully that makes sense. I know the Ecu never pulls from one square of numbers but rather a box and looks at the box of 4 values and comes up with the median from that. Am I right? It seems as though that is what occurs because of the red rectangle that appears in datalogging.
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #1602
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
Heh tell me about it, I moved to day shift for a few weeks, miss nights already. Should be back by October though.

No, it's not old. I usually run premium 76 gas, however the last fill up I did was at Chevron. Think that could've played into it? So far it's mostly at or near idle, either coming to a stop or starting from a stop. Fairly consistent in that it's only between 900-1300 RPMs.

I have no issue with retarding the ignition via Kpro, just unsure how much I can retard it safely.
Just to update, dropped the ignition table an additional -2 (so -4 total) at the spots where it was knocking, I think it made things worse, logged 383 knock counts over 40 minutes today coming into town. Hmm...
Old 08-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #1603
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Here's a copy of my Kal and a quick data log

Kal:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pj...Tune_Knock.kal

Data log:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gx...8t7/test_1.kdl

Old 09-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #1604
Inevitable

Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Inevitable is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Question...

Swapped out valve cover gasket and seals. While doing that, figured I'd swap out my RBC and place the PRB manifold back on and kept the Hondata IMG. Put everything back together and uploaded the basic 2005 kal in kpro and started the car. Car wouldn't start. Eventually I got the car to start, but only with the hose near the alternator disconnected and the IGN on Kpro bounces between -7 and +1, idles at 1000 and ECT is at 202. No CEL codes or KNOWN vacuum leaks. Rechecked plugs, bolts and hoses. No leaks. Any suggestions what went wrong?
I Put ClubRSX Stickers On Every RSX I See Crew Member #3
Team Tape Crew Member #1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Now she lays...

Inevitable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #1605
trumpdis3
Master Member

trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Hey all I've got a question about my 06 type s . What setting in kPro would cause my engine to shut off as I shift gears? Not every time . Most time the CEL flashes on and off. It also resets the ECU( everything goes to zeros ) but no codes are being stored... Anyone?
trumpdis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #1606
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpdis3 View Post
...What setting in kPro would cause my engine to shut off as I shift gears? ...It also resets the ECU( everything goes to zeros ) but no codes are being stored... Anyone?
Nothing in K-Manager will do that. You have some major issues happening like a faulty ECU ground or something. Weren't you using that K-tuner ECU or whatever it was called?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #1607
trumpdis3
Master Member

trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I still do use it. I'm just trying to solve a problem. I can't find anything that isn't grounded better than from the factory. The CEL still flashes when I shift gears, sometimes the battery light as well and sometimes the engine just shuts off. What can cause that? I don't know what else to do or where to look.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #1608
trumpdis3
Master Member

How can I check if its a bad ECU, switch it out and diss Le the immobilizer?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #1609
2010 admin

Highly unlikely it's the ECU. Might be a bent connector pin but ECU's either work or they don't. I think you have a either a bad/loose ground or an inermittent short somewhere on one of the harnesses. Just get in there with the multi-meter and find it.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #1610
trumpdis3
Master Member

I've been through it. I've spend hours . And hours. Changing sensors, tinning the ground wires copper eyelets with #4 twisted braided monster cable to body and motor grounds. Bought a new battery..... Nothing
Old 09-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #1611
2010 admin

Does it do this with your Ktuner ECU?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #1612
trumpdis3
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpdis3 View Post
I still do use it. I'm just trying to solve a problem. I can't find anything that isn't grounded better than from the factory. The CEL still flashes when I shift gears, sometimes the battery light as well and sometimes the engine just shuts off. What can cause that? I don't know what else to do or where to look.
Did you read this post? It seems all you are concerned about is what tuner program I'm using. Do you honestly think it's the KTuner ? How many times are you going to ask me what ECU or program I'm running and then have nothing to say as far as helping me solve this problem with my 2006 rsx type s RUNNING KTUNER ECU. There is that better?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1613
trumpdis3
Master Member

http://youtu.be/OLbAMtDpKWU

Have a look
Old 09-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #1614
2010 admin

Good luck, man.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:20 AM   #1615
u1sansei

u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Tuning help

Guys can you please check my datalog and tell me what's wrong with it. I tried to tune the AF but the car doesn't run fine after. What I did was decrease fuel on the cells where there are fuel adjustment values. Edit all tables clicked. I adjusted each cam angle that has fuel adjustment values on it. Am I doing it right? Please point me in the right direction. I'm using just the k20a2 stock tuned kal. Here's my datalog.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1st run open.zip (884.7 KB, 14 views)
u1sansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #1616
novaspace

novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx novaspace is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
02 type s with all bolt ons , rbc , k pro, built tranny, itr flywheel, clutch master fx100. , but stock cat, and 05 type s exhaust , wanted to stay oem look and cali we have strict emission !! over the weekend had drag cartel DIC installed and dynapack tune, weather was hot , i new to this tunning stuff! 158TQ and 220HP . is what i got over the weekend~, i was told cat and exhaust causing restriction!!! saw some testing of type r with raceheader , etc.... and they had less TQ, and 220-230 HP. did my 02 type s get a good #s even with the CAT and oem exhaust? my dynapack tune was done at church automotive
novaspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #1617
Alberex
Master Member

Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I got intake , race header , catback , and rbc , also k-pro .
What's the best tunning to run it . ?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #1618
frostysry74

frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
okay so i am buying a 05-06 krpo with 06 harness and i dont need the ecu bc it was already sent to hondata and used but the car it was on was an 06 base manual, but i have a 06 type s , will this still work bc i dont wanna have an issue just plug and play bc this is a a lump investment... answers asap please!!
frostysry74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #1619
u1sansei

u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx u1sansei is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostysry74 View Post
okay so i am buying a 05-06 krpo with 06 harness and i dont need the ecu bc it was already sent to hondata and used but the car it was on was an 06 base manual, but i have a 06 type s , will this still work bc i dont wanna have an issue just plug and play bc this is a a lump investment... answers asap please!!
Make sure it's a PRB ecu. If it's an ecu from a base, you won't have a reverse lockout. That's the only difference. You can try shifting from 4th gear to 5th gear and from 5th to 6th gear while idling, that's how it'll feel when there's no reverse lockout. If you don't mind that then it's fine.

Personally though, I prefer having the reverse lockout as my wife drives my car, she won't like it as well.
u1sansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #1620
frostysry74

frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostysry74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
is there a possibility he used a prb on his base model? bc that means he had to buy an ecu to even do the hondata, ya know? and reverse lockout i have heard that term before...
frostysry74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #1621
bruhandon
Nemisis

bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bruhandon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
would it matter if i get a reflash on my 02 base before i have any bolt ons or would it be better if i had them before i reflash?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #1622
BackIn03
Dream Weaver

BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BackIn03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have even Hondata will not say on the website, they shy away from the question. Will the reflash turn the secondary o2 sensor off? I want to remove the secondary o2 sensor and run my aem uego .
BackIn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #1623
AjEliteRyda

AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How can you update the kpro program if you keep running into "error code blah blah blah" bullshit?
AjEliteRyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #1624
sinisterdc5
Master Member

sinisterdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I need some help here in new to this I have a boosted A3 and I finally got the kpro I got it used he had it on hatch with a Z3 I turned off the immobilizer but my car still wont start the ecu is PRB any ideas thanks
INSTAGRAM:kseriesonly
sinisterdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #1625
AjEliteRyda

AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AjEliteRyda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You're not throwing engine codes are you?
AjEliteRyda is offline   Reply With Quote