2003 Rsx S tsx projector retrofit? - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Lighting RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #51
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
They would if they didn't have the slit in them. There are others that fit perfect too. not just those. Just see pic above. I mean they do work and look well. I just think there are even better options. No one is going to see the line in them, im just being OCD and had a shitty day when I made that comment.
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison
Tegg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #52
aznvtek
Master Member

aznvtek is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
hahahah yeah i wish they didnt have that little slit otherwise it'll look alot better... but from 10 ft away i can't really tell if there's a slit
aznvtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #53
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yea very true. Esp if your car is lowered and the slit is at the bottom.
These are just sick though:
http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/200...projector.html
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison

Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #54
Lemonhead965
Lemonhead965

Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post
Mine are finally finished. Props to HID Illusionz...

Left the blinker and reflector amber, but had the driving lights smoked out, since I hate how they look and when the HIDs are on you will only see them.

Looks Great Any cutoff pics? TSX projectors are compatible with bi-xenon?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #55
Tegg4
Consultant

TSX projectors are not bi-xenon. Infinity fx35 are good bi-xenon projectors and they fit in our headlights.

I will get some cut offs when i get them installed.
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #56
aznvtek
Master Member

i love those fx cutoff line :O
Old 09-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #57
Lemonhead965
Lemonhead965

Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Lemonhead965 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiteddc5 View Post
My soon to be complete
Bi-Xenon FX-Rs Retrofit.

HTC EVO 4G - ON BOOSTMOBILE
Any cut off pics? I'm thinking of doing a FX-R bi-xenon retrofit.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #58
suiteddc5

suiteddc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It's not a good pic, I will try to get some more.

HTC EVO 4G - ON BOOSTMOBILE
suiteddc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #59
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead965 View Post
Any cut off pics? I'm thinking of doing a FX-R bi-xenon retrofit.
They are a great way to go if you want a good quality projector and do not want to spend too much. Where are you getting them? If you use theretrofitsource.com then they will beat others prices even if its not the same package setup. I saved a crap load just by talking to them. Literally about 40% off the price listed on the site

And if you do not want to do the retrofit yourself call or email HID Illusionz. Talk to Rick, he is who I talked with. I called almost every retro-fitter I could find anything about in the nation. They had the cheapest price, and the portfolio of hundreds of previous projects to back it up. They do beautiful work, and you can tell they love what they do.

Oh and spend the money to get the Phillips bulbs. If you get them from the site above, you can't turn down their price if you buy a bulb, balast, harness package from them. Just make your own you do not have to use a precreated package on their site. Ask them to give you a deal. They sure gave me one. That's why I try to recommend them when I can.
Quote:

Last edited by Tegg4; 09-13-2011 at 08:14 AM..
Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #60
Lemonhead965
Lemonhead965

Quote:
They are a great way to go if you want a good quality projector and do not want to spend too much. Where are you getting them? If you use theretrofitsource.com then they will beat others prices even if its not the same package setup. I saved a crap load just by talking to them. Literally about 40% off the price listed on the site

And if you do not want to do the retrofit yourself call or email HID Illusionz. Talk to Rick, he is who I talked with. I called almost every retro-fitter I could find anything about in the nation. They had the cheapest price, and the portfolio of hundreds of previous projects to back it up. They do beautiful work, and you can tell they love what they do.

Oh and spend the money to get the Phillips bulbs. If you get them from the site above, you can't turn down their price if you buy a bulb, balast, harness package from them. Just make your own you do not have to use a precreated package on their site. Ask them to give you a deal. They sure gave me one. That's why I try to recommend them when I can.

Thanks for the info. I will talk to them!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:21 AM   #61
KYrsx08

KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i will sell my morimoto bi-xenon projectors, also i have a pair of TSX HID Igniter boxes and Ballasts ( one ballast may be bad ) also two brand new 10000K HID D2S bulbs that fit it.... went a different route instead of retrofit
Old 09-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #62
Tegg4
Consultant

10k bulbs are worthless unless you want that purple look specifically. You lose almost half of the usable light output. If you like purple/blue headlights i guess that's fine, but I have no idea why you would. They scream rice. That's probably why you are selling them, haha.
Quote:
Old 09-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #63
Lemonhead965
Lemonhead965

Quote:
10k bulbs are worthless unless you want that purple look specifically. You lose almost half of the usable light output. If you like purple/blue headlights i guess that's fine, but I have no idea why you would. They scream rice. That's probably why you are selling them, haha.

True Life, I had used to have 10k on my brothers CR-V and it sucked, It looked cool in the day but at night it made you sleepy while you drove. 4300k with projectors for the win or 5500k-6k anything else.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #64
KYrsx08

KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Do you see my picture? That is one of the 10k bulbs....that doesn't scream rice to me at all....you wont find rice on my car...since when is there guidlines on what temps ppl want to use?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #65
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
yea pretty sure your profile says theyre 12k bulbs..but hey its your car, and being able to see well when youre driving at night is overrated anyway
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #66
aznvtek
Master Member

10k is so blueeeeee
Old 09-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #67
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYrsx08 View Post
Do you see my picture? That is one of the 10k bulbs....that doesn't scream rice to me at all....you wont find rice on my car...since when is there guidlines on what temps ppl want to use?
Since 12k is dumb as hell to use. Go learn how the human body works. The temp light being put out actually wears your eyes out, takes much more energy to see and process what is going on around you, and your body can not utilize even half of that as useable light. So keep looking cool. In my eyes using a useless bulb to look like you have a car that screams look I have bulbs that only an idiot would use sacrificing safety for bad-ass status is well...RICE.
Quote:

Last edited by Tegg4; 09-20-2011 at 08:14 AM..
Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #68
KYrsx08

Quote:
Since 12k is dumb as hell to use. Go learn how the human body works. The temp light being put out actually wears your eyes out, takes much more energy to see and process what is going on around you, and your body can not utilize even half of that as useable light. So keep looking cool. In my eyes using a useless bulb to look like you have a car that screams look I have bulbs that only an idiot would use sacrificing safety for bad-ass status is well...RICE.
ok so i made a mistake in my profile...my bad....as far as the safety of HID's....you are correct. I know that your Philips and Morimoto's are way better, but for now these work. Despite what you say, i have never had anyone say it looks rice, nor does it look rice in any way.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #69
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
ok so i made a mistake in my profile...my bad....as far as the safety of HID's....you are correct. I know that your Philips and Morimoto's are way better, but for now these work. Despite what you say, i have never had anyone say it looks rice, nor does it look rice in any way.
Ok im driving down the road and I see this small car with blazing blue headlight... they are obviously not OEM any grandma would know that. So someone has intentionally put very blue headlights on their car to get attention and look cool. If that wasn't the case you would have got something 600k or under. That way you would look more functional and like you knew what you are doing. A flamboyant, useless, and something most people know is obnoxious and weird looking is rice man. Its high tech rice.
Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #70
KYrsx08

Quote:
Ok im driving down the road and I see this small car with blazing blue headlight... they are obviously not OEM any grandma would know that. So someone has intentionally put very blue headlights on their car to get attention and look cool. If that wasn't the case you would have got something 600k or under. That way you would look more functional and like you knew what you are doing. A flamboyant, useless, and something most people know is obnoxious and weird looking is rice man. Its high tech rice.
so how does this have anything to do whether i know what i'm doing or not? So this means your lights would fall in the rice category also, because they aren't OEM..any grandma would know that.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #71
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
so how does this have anything to do whether i know what i'm doing or not? So this means your lights would fall in the rice category also, because they aren't OEM..any grandma would know that.
Grandma wouldn't know that. Your lights will blind the shit out of people unless you have a retrofit, even if you do your bulbs are blue as hell. If you don't that just adds to the rice. Bright Blue lights look like nothing else on the road (except for a cop). Me on the other hand I do have a OEM setup. Kinda hard to say mine are not OEM when it is OEM. Not specific to my car, but it is OEM for the TSX none the less. OEM once more for good measure.

I have OEM TSX projectors, as well as OEM Phillips bulbs. So no, no one knows if mine are aftermarket or not since they look like any other HID system that drives off the lot brand new. My car just fits in right along with any other car that comes OEM w/ HIDs. Others will just asume my car came with them. Your car looks like something else that doesn't belong on the road, people see my headlights and think damn that is sexy, and not "oh... Kids these days."

Example:
Say you are on the highway. I'm coming in the other direction. I see all these nice cars driving along with a nice OEM HID here and there. An BAM WFT for the love of all holy there is this big ass blue ball coming at me. Either 2 huge radioactive blueberries are rolling down the road at 70mph, or oh wait its just come guy most likely in a Honda thinking that those lights are awesome. My first though... RICER.

Just give me one practical reason to have 10-12k bulbs. Either people think they are fooling themselves into thinking they are fooling other drivers that they have a sick HID retrofit like all the other new cars. But you don't so why have them other than strictly for looking cool/different.

I'm not even sure what we are arguing about... its pretty straight forward. Just tell me why you have them honestly.
Quote:
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #72
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Just buy some nice bulbs if you have to have something with blue then just get the 6k bulbs. Still not OEM look but not as bad as 10k. Keep your 10k bulbs for now till you can save up for a retrofit with TSX projectors, then get these D2S bulbs: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=251

They are a good price and a quality bulb. If you want to get good output get their Phillips bulbs. Do not just buy the off their site. Talk to them first and ask if them match competitors... because they do. They will come down in price, they have for me and the people I recommended to them. Good people and awesome products. Can't go wrong with Morimoto and Phillips.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #73
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i will say though most ppl DONT know the first thing about HIDs, projectors and retrofits..i ll admit i didnt but now that ive read about it and done a retrofit myself its one of the first things i look at when i pass a car(if it has projectors or not)
Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #74
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmb View Post
i will say though most ppl DONT know the first thing about HIDs, projectors and retrofits..i ll admit i didnt but now that ive read about it and done a retrofit myself its one of the first things i look at when i pass a car(if it has projectors or not)
A lot of people use HID bulbs without projectors now on old cars and cars that didn't come OEM with them. People may not know why but they know it when they see someone with just HID bulbs and from the many people I know it bothers the hell out of them. I have a feeling that the increased popularity of these bulbs and them blinding people is going to get cracked down on more and more with police.

The HID output is thrown everywhere just like high beams since regular headlights are not designed to use HID bulbs and it blinds people and pisses them off. When retrofited with projectors the beam is perfect and the light does not hit the other drivers eyes. All they see is a small ball of pure bight light that does not hurt their eyes at all in any way when they look at it. It looks more like a LED that is not pointed in your eye, its bright but there is no light focused to your eyes.

If you don't do it right, everyone hates you at night and thus you are technically worse then rice at that point. IMO its useless to use HID bulbs w/o projects. If for no other reason safety of EVERYONE else on the road... may as well drive around w/ your brights on.
Quote:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #75
andersmb
Master Member

i feel the same way..HIDs w/o projectors scream "i want my car to look nice but i'm too cheap to do shit right"