2003 Rsx S tsx projector retrofit? - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Lighting RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #76
aznvtek
Master Member

aznvtek is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i woudln't put anything more than 5k on retrofit though.
aznvtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #77
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmb View Post
i feel the same way..HIDs w/o projectors scream "i want my car to look nice but i'm too cheap to do shit right"
Exactly which end up making your car look worse, doesnt matter what else you have done. Di it right or don't do it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznvtek View Post
i woudln't put anything more than 5k on retrofit though.
Agreed. Going over 5k is just doing it for the color, nothing else. You start to lose usable/visable after 5k. Pointless... unless of course you got to have THAT COLOR they everyone thinks HID looks like but they really don't. The whole Idea that colored HIDs look more like real HIDs is the dumbest thing i have ever seen/heard.

"Oh shit! Pinkish, purple, blush blindin HIDs mush be a Lambo bro!"
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison

Last edited by Tegg4; 09-22-2011 at 11:38 AM..
Tegg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #78
KYrsx08

KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The only reason i have HID in my lights AT THE MOMENT is because they are just as cheap to buy normal halogens and when i bought my car it already had ballasts,so i just bought new bulbs. I have the projectors, however time is limited to do retrofit...i don't understand why this has to be an argument.....and for the record i wouldn't put cheap ass HID bulbs in a retrofit

Old 09-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #79
KYrsx08

KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post
Just buy some nice bulbs if you have to have something with blue then just get the 6k bulbs. Still not OEM look but not as bad as 10k. Keep your 10k bulbs for now till you can save up for a retrofit with TSX projectors, then get these D2S bulbs: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=251

They are a good price and a quality bulb. If you want to get good output get their Phillips bulbs. Do not just buy the off their site. Talk to them first and ask if them match competitors... because they do. They will come down in price, they have for me and the people I recommended to them. Good people and awesome products. Can't go wrong with Morimoto and Phillips.

yea man, i am trying to save up for good ballasts and bulbs...i went ahead and got the morimoto projectors because i was able to get a good deal...it may take me a little while to get everything else, but at least it will all be quality
Old 09-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #80
Wek Sos
Super Master Member

Wek Sos gets around and is known
Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmb View Post
i feel the same way..HIDs w/o projectors scream "i want my car to look nice but i'm too cheap to do shit right"
eh true to an extent but I think the bulb temp says more than not having projectors. anything above 6000k is rice. i run 4300 in my stock housings with no projectors and theres no glare and looks OEM.
2000 Audi S4-Sold
2000 Honda S2000-Sold
2003 Acura RSX Type S-Sold
Wek Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #81
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYrsx08 View Post
yea man, i am trying to save up for good ballasts and bulbs...i went ahead and got the morimoto projectors because i was able to get a good deal...it may take me a little while to get everything else, but at least it will all be quality
Ok, good as long as you get ride of the 10k bulbs and do plan on the retrofit that's awesome, you will be very very happy. Driving at night is a whole new world. You also can not go wrong with Morimoto, top shelf products for sure. They just came out with their new line 3 weeks after i got my items, so im pissed... very pissed.

Kinda mad they didnt tell me, but they gave me the nice ballasts 35w, Phillips bulbs, and a harness for $150. That's a damn good deal so Im really not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wek Sos View Post
eh true to an extent but I think the bulb temp says more than not having projectors. anything above 6000k is rice. i run 4300 in my stock housings with no projectors and theres no glare and looks OEM.
I can understand running the 4300 w/o projectors. I was only hating on the 10k bulb itself more than anything. Good upgrade but alot of cars will through light all over the place. Ours have clear lens and I think that helps some. A lot of American cars that use just the bulb suck. looks like high-beams.
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison
Old 09-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #82
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
it may take me a little while to get everything else, but at least it will all be quality
Yea take your time save the money to do it right. It took me 3 months to slowly buy all the parts. If you skimp on something you will still like the results, but I guareentee you that you will end up just buying the more expensive part later because you are thinking, "damn this could be so much better" So you get quality parts that are better, and last longer. It will end up saving you money in the long run.
Quote:
Old 09-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #83
aznvtek
Master Member

morimoto projectors r way easier than any other lol took me 3-4 hours
Old 09-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #84
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznvtek View Post
morimoto projectors r way easier than any other lol took me 3-4 hours
They are the only aftermarket ballast that are directly based off OEM ballasts, and for projector applications. Other bulbs and ballasts are actually designed under the assumption that they will be used in normal non projector headlights. Some of the sites even say that... haha so why would someone use them in a retrofit...

My passenger side light has been flickering the last 2 times a little but goes away in a few seconds. Ive only used then 5 times. Not sure if its just because it is brand new or what. I honestly think the the harness. Im going to check over it all tonight, thought it may be the ground, but doubt it since only one headlight is effected. Any ideas anyone? I read sometimes new bulbs will do hat till thy halide salts settle.
Quote:
Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #85
aznvtek
Master Member

check your wiring lol
Old 09-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #86
KYrsx08

Quote:
They are the only aftermarket ballast that are directly based off OEM ballasts, and for projector applications. Other bulbs and ballasts are actually designed under the assumption that they will be used in normal non projector headlights. Some of the sites even say that... haha so why would someone use them in a retrofit...

My passenger side light has been flickering the last 2 times a little but goes away in a few seconds. Ive only used then 5 times. Not sure if its just because it is brand new or what. I honestly think the the harness. Im going to check over it all tonight, thought it may be the ground, but doubt it since only one headlight is effected. Any ideas anyone? I read sometimes new bulbs will do hat till thy halide salts settle.
unless its just the gas inside that is heating up causing the flicker...that is if it only lasts a few seconds i'd say.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #87
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
unless its just the gas inside that is heating up causing the flicker...that is if it only lasts a few seconds i'd say.
I rechecked everything last night and cleaned the heck out of the battery terminals and the ground. seems to work better now, but still does it. It seems to come right on when I rev the engine then turn them on. Is it even possible that my battery is starting to go and simply isn't giving it the jolt of power it needs?

The wiring is perfect, if the harness was bad then wouldn't it just not get power at all? I has a longer wire running to the passenger side so it makes since that the closer one would get slightly more power first and not enough for the other headlight. It was always flicker when I turn it on if the car is off. Not once has it ever fail to turn on at all though...
Quote:
Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #88
KYrsx08

Quote:
I rechecked everything last night and cleaned the heck out of the battery terminals and the ground. seems to work better now, but still does it. It seems to come right on when I rev the engine then turn them on. Is it even possible that my battery is starting to go and simply isn't giving it the jolt of power it needs?

The wiring is perfect, if the harness was bad then wouldn't it just not get power at all? I has a longer wire running to the passenger side so it makes since that the closer one would get slightly more power first and not enough for the other headlight. It was always flicker when I turn it on if the car is off. Not once has it ever fail to turn on at all though...
you could always get a battery/alternator test just to make sure, never know. As far as the extra length of wire on that one side, i don't think it should cause it to do that, as long as it's the same gauge of wire for both sides and are ran on separate main wires.

Last edited by KYrsx08; 09-23-2011 at 01:38 PM..
KYrsx08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #89
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
you could always get a battery/alternator test just to make sure, never know. As far as the extra length of wire on that one side, i don't think it should cause it to do that, as long as it's the same gauge of wire for both sides and are ran on separate main wires.
In that case its got to be a bad bulb or ballast which means I get to take everything apart again this weekend.
Quote:
Old 09-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #90
KYrsx08

Quote:
In that case its got to be a bad bulb or ballast which means I get to take everything apart again this weekend.
Try emailing TRS and see if they will send you another one and explain the situation. I'm sure they will work with you. But if your gonna look at the bulbs and ballasts this weekend then you probably should check all terminals and reconnect them, then see what happens. If the problem still persists, then go the bulb route first before you have to spend anymore money
Old 09-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #91
Reloaded
VTEC FLUID VENDOR

Reloaded is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
For a person who has an equivalent knowledge of a kindergarten kid in regards to creating retrofits, how hard is it? I have Retrosolutions 5K HIDs..but whenever I see another car with projectors, it makes me mad and jealous at the same time.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #92
aznvtek
Master Member

it was easy like sex on the first date!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #93
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what yr is your car? 05-06 is easier than 02-04's...on my 05 it was fairly easy, but i studied todd's(rsx-ct) guide backwards and forwards
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #94
suiteddc5

suiteddc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
This is what happens when you try to adjust the cutoff shield.

Getting it back to where it was.

Don't make this mistake, I'm paying for it.
HTC EVO 4G - ON BOOSTMOBILE
suiteddc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #95
suiteddc5

suiteddc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Untouched FX-R cutoff shield.

Pictures don't do it justice.

HTC EVO 4G - ON BOOSTMOBILE
suiteddc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #96
ShortyRSXtypeS

ShortyRSXtypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
did you try swapping the left and right ballast to see if that was causing it?
Old 09-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #97
Tegg4
Consultant

I have only used the headlights 4 times since the last post, of those 4 times everything has been fine no problems ar all, although I turned them on while simultaneously revving my engine. They only work w/o any trouble at all when I do this. I have not had time to remove and change ballasts, they are mounted under headlights. cant remove bulbs or ballasts w/o removing bumper.

Does this make any scense at all? Does that sound like a ballast issue, because I can't figure it out. That's the only thing that helped. I am going to try and start turning them on w/o revving this week and let you know the results. If I were to end up swapping bulbs with the same result, then that would prove it is indeed the ballast. I highly doubt it is the Phillips bulbs, the vendor said that they never have bulb problems from customers w/ those bulbs, but I guess anything can happen.
Quote:
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #98
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
you have them hooked up to a relay harness correct? do you have any other accessories hooked up to your battery? big 3 done?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #99
Tegg4
Consultant

yes they are on a harness. nothing else is on the battery. I cleaned all terminals grounds, etc as well. Ground is mounted right in front of the batter and over the headlight on front support/rad support.
Quote:
Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #100
andersmb
Master Member

id ground it to a different spot..somewhere thats more directly on the chassis.. i grounded behind the washer fluid bottle and on the other side in the same spot