Projector headlight install! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Lighting RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
DC5_Madness

DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Madness is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thumbs up Projector headlight install!

Well I'm looking for new headlights, and I have the possibility to buy some projectors for cheap.

Is there anything I need to run these? Or is it just plug and go? Also how would I go about this?

Thank you, any help is appreciated!

Miami, thats where it's at!

Broke Student Crew! #98
DC5_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
sykoenigma
Master Member

sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
just buy depos, the projector headlights look terrible. they are plug & play unless you decide to run some HIDs in them
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
patrickjamesyu

patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx patrickjamesyu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoenigma View Post
they are plug & play unless you decide to run some HIDs in them
^^
In which case, HID's are also plug n play
So you'd be plugging and playing twice.

Or retrofits are nice (when done right)
patrickjamesyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
any pictures of these headlights?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
most headlights that come with 'projectors' are not setup for HIDs but rather halogen bulbs

many people dont realize halogen projectors exist but they do and are actually very common in newer model middle class cars

in essence dont put HIDs in projectors unless they have been retrofitted
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Jacobw

Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jacobw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
They look okay if your using HID's
Jacobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
BlAcuraRsx
My nose in your coke bag

BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
They are NOT ok if you run HID. 90% of aftermarket housings have horrible optics and the quality is far from OEM. The beam pattern will he all .over the place and will illuminate like crap,not to mention blind ppl...unless you are retrofitted.
Car and Driver: An engine that screams with pleasure, perfectly precise controls, tasteful execution of every detail, red instrument lighting that really works. A jewel of a car, uncorrupted by froufrou.

Sounds like they are talking about the RSX... oh wait.. they are.
BlAcuraRsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #8
Neosakai

Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcuraRsx View Post
They are NOT ok if you run HID. 90% of aftermarket housings have horrible optics and the quality is far from OEM. The beam pattern will he all .over the place and will illuminate like crap,not to mention blind ppl...unless you are retrofitted.
Will it blind people more than HID in a stock oem housing? (serious question, punch me if the answer is obvious but someone answer it LOL)
Neosakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
possibly..i personally havent been a driver on the other end but id say its likely
Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
BlAcuraRsx
My nose in your coke bag

BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
it really depends.. If you have OEM and not a knock off replica, they do pretty decent with the beam pattern keeping it tight. With projector housings its a tossup. Some are better than others, and a rare few are better than OEM. There are some projector housings that send the beam absolutely everywhere, even the tree tops
Car and Driver: An engine that screams with pleasure, perfectly precise controls, tasteful execution of every detail, red instrument lighting that really works. A jewel of a car, uncorrupted by froufrou.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
Neosakai

Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Neosakai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
From my experience, HID in stock halogen chrome housing really blinds people so I was wondering if even cheap projectors will be less blinding because they are 'projectors' afterall
Neosakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
BlAcuraRsx
My nose in your coke bag

it also depends on the HID kit you have. Cheap kits are not aligned with the focal point centered so it will create a clusterfuck of light all over the place. The RSX with a good kit has quite a nice cutoff for a reflective housing. Projectors that are bad quality (most aftermarket halogen projectors ) will cause a messed up beam pattern and glare.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #13
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
would definitely stray away from the aftermarket projector headlights...

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #14
hick08
Master Member

hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
would definitely stray away from the aftermarket projector headlights...
^^ this just save up and get a set of depos and then do a retrofit. If your gonna have projectors might as well save up and do it right the first time.

DSM Crew

hick08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
dustin02rsx

dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i may be selling my oem retros soon and ive seen several retros in the fs section on here. these would be your better bet if you are really wanting projectors since retros normally have higher quality projectors in them.

[AEM][APEXi][Tein][JTC][Progress][Kicker]
dustin02rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
hick08
Master Member

hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hick08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin02rsx View Post
i may be selling my oem retros soon and ive seen several retros in the fs section on here. these would be your better bet if you are really wanting projectors since retros normally have higher quality projectors in them.
Oh really time to go and watch the f/s section like crazy

DSM Crew

hick08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #17
R-SeX

3000 is on a distinguished road
Aftermarket crap projectors + HID = Crap patterns and shitty cutoffs and ufos and other weird looking beam patterns. Some oem halogen projectors + HID (on other cars) are OK, they still blind people, but some are just as shitty when it comes to beam pattern.
3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
BlaiseB

BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hi all, I have a 2004 type-s that desperately needs some new headlights. I've read all about how some projectors really don't put out very good quality light. I like the angel eye look and would run HID's, but would like to know if someone has a brand recommendation. I want the look but don't want them if I'd be disappointed projecting light all over the damn place. Please show pics if you have them. I will be purchasing soon. Thanks in advance.
BlaiseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #19
andersmb
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaiseB View Post
Hi all, I have a 2004 type-s that desperately needs some new headlights. I've read all about how some projectors really don't put out very good quality light. I like the angel eye look and would run HID's, but would like to know if someone has a brand recommendation. I want the look but don't want them if I'd be disappointed projecting light all over the damn place. Please show pics if you have them. I will be purchasing soon. Thanks in advance.
::hate to be a dick, but this topic has been beat to death, just
Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
BlaiseB

BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlaiseB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks andersmb for providing nothing at all. You're an idiot.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #21
andersmb
Master Member

dude there's probably about 25+ threads talking about this with pics plus there's show-off threads...no offense but i'm sick of everyone on crsx wanting everyone else to do everything for them and spoon feed them things
Old 04-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #22
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
To put it simply...

Check retrofit show off thread.

Aftermarket halo projectors purchased on eBay or whatever utilize halogen projectors and output will never be as great as a retrofitted OEM projector or even an aftermarket HID projector (FXR, Mini H1, Mini D2S).

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
USSRsXTypeS
DC5

USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
^ Absolutely true. I am the victim of being overzealous about getting HIDs and jumping on a set of aftermarket ebay projector headlights without doing my research (no offense to the crsx member who sold them to me, i got exactly what i paid for and its well worth what i paid).

i mean they arent shit but heres my output (with a 6500K 35w kit from xenon depot)

halos can only be seen at night, theyre very dim and not anything like the CCFL angel eye look that you probably are going for.

eyebrow parking light output is uneven and has the HID output shining through. just shittily built all around. random hot spots and cold spots.

i am seriously about to do a DIY blackout and a TSX retrofit on my stock lights and throw those back on. these r embarrassing. lol

Last edited by USSRsXTypeS; 05-07-2012 at 12:32 PM..
USSRsXTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
BlaiseB

Thank you USS for giving some very valuable input on aftermarket halos. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #25
Hasnt

Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hasnt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoenigma View Post
just buy depos, the projector headlights look terrible. they are plug & play unless you decide to run some HIDs in them
canít you look at my post and help me
Hasnt is offline   Reply With Quote