Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

N/A K-Pro Calibrations

306K views 1K replies 405 participants last post by  DC5Sandbag 
#1 ·
K-Pro(stock calibration), INJEN CAI (club RSX ed.)

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
budz said:
2002 RSX Type S with the following mods:
Injen CAI, DC Race Header, Borla Catback Exhaust, Type R Intake Manifold, Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket, Type R Cams, Toda Valve Springs, Hondata Type R Reflash
does his a/f ratio look too lean? is that safe to run that lean?

#29 ·
Would u guys want any maps from the UK?

Andy

#31 ·
andyd22 said:
Would u guys want any maps from the UK?

Andy
Of course!

#35 ·
Glimpse said:
Of course!
Hey man, just got back from some tuning. The K-pro just came in this week, so I figured I'd come home and screw with it for a while.

One thing I noticed about the cai calibration with the DC race header, is that there is a lot of potential for improvement. With the stock calibration, right after 4300, I felt a noticable increase in power and then another decent bump in power around 6000.

My tuning goal of the night was to smooth this out. I advanced the cam angle 5 degrees from 4500 to 6000, then took a data run. It ran a little leaner (which was expected) so then I took about 3 more runs to flatten out the a/f curve.

After tuning, the car feels much stronger in that midrange and continues to pull just as hard, if not harder, up top.

I will post datalogs and my finished calibration very shortly, as soon as i get them off my laptop. :thumbsup:

#36 ·
park83rsx said:
Hey man, just got back from some tuning. The K-pro just came in this week, so I figured I'd come home and screw with it for a while.

One thing I noticed about the cai calibration with the DC race header, is that there is a lot of potential for improvement. With the stock calibration, right after 4300, I felt a noticable increase in power and then another decent bump in power around 6000.

My tuning goal of the night was to smooth this out. I advanced the cam angle 5 degrees from 4500 to 6000, then took a data run. It ran a little leaner (which was expected) so then I took about 3 more runs to flatten out the a/f curve.

After tuning, the car feels much stronger in that midrange and continues to pull just as hard, if not harder, up top.

I will post datalogs and my finished calibration very shortly, as soon as i get them off my laptop. :thumbsup:
yes please do. your mods are the same as mine plus IMG

#37 ·
silver RSX-S said:
yes please do. your mods are the same as mine plus IMG

When I get back up to school, I will post them. I have no way of getting them off of my laptop right now.

I tuned another one tnite a little bit more aggressively, advancing some more cam angles, tuning fuel and advancing ignition on the top end. It felt really strong from VTEC to redline. :thumbsup:

#39 ·
silver RSX-S said:
cant wait. wednesday i get my mounts replaced, then ESMM go in, then the header and Mugen Strut bar, then the ecu goes from stock tune to the most aggressive tune i can get at the time :)

Schweet.

I will have 2 different calibrations posted. I'll recommend running the less aggressive one first, because I think the car felt a little smoother on it. On the other one, it seemed to pull really hard from 4300 and on, but I had a traction problem because the VTEC hits harder at 4300. It sucks having shitty tires. As a side note, on both calibrations I had 0 knocks. Acutally the whole time I was tuning, I never got a knock. :)

#41 · (Edited)
okies guys his my MAP

Mods: Mugen CAI, DC Sports Header, Skunk2 Cat Back, K-Pro
Othermods: Loads of Mugen Stuff

K-Pro KAL

K20A2 Palmers Run4

Datalogs

Datalog 1

Datalog 2

There are some knocks still @ low rpm, but these had been modifed from these 2 logs.

As u can see 0-60 in 5.8 0-100 in 13.806 :driving: :thumbsup: :laughing:

K-Manager 1.1.3.0

it does need a little more work though :D

Andy

#43 ·
park83rsx said:
I just thought how much easier cam angle tuning would be if we had a library of composite angle graphs such as the one below that Hondata did. Such a graph gives you an excellent empirical tool to figure out what makes best power in every rpm area. This does, of course, not replace basic knowledge of the power vs cam relationships, but it sure helps.

Attachments

#44 ·
DazzaUK said:
Andy remember that the guys in the US will need to convert your map so they can upload it to there ECU's, just like we need to convert there maps from US to UK.

Oh yea, i forgot about that :eek: :eek: :eek:

Andy

#45 ·
conradb212 said:
I just thought how much easier cam angle tuning would be if we had a library of composite angle graphs such as the one below that Hondata did. Such a graph gives you an excellent empirical tool to figure out what makes best power in every rpm area. This does, of course, not replace basic knowledge of the power vs cam relationships, but it sure helps.

Thanks for the graphs. :thumbsup:

It appears that the 50 degree cam angle makes the most power in the midrange. I can vouch for that. ;)

#46 ·
andyd22 said:
okies guys his my MAP

Mods: Mugen CAI, DC Sports Header, Skunk2 Cat Back, K-Pro
Othermods: Loads of Mugen Stuff

K-Pro KAL

K20A2 Palmers Run4

Datalogs

Datalog 1

Datalog 2

There are some knocks still @ low rpm, but these had been modifed from these 2 logs.

As u can see 0-60 in 5.8 0-100 in 13.806 :driving: :thumbsup: :laughing:

K-Manager 1.1.3.0

it does need a little more work though :D

Andy

Thanks for your contribution, I added you.

However, you might want to check out your primary 02, it doesnt seem to be functioning properly in those 2 datalogs.

#47 ·
park83rsx said:
My tuning from this weekend is up.

Give me opinions, suggestions, etc.... :thumbsup:
Kpro coming in tommorrow. A little scared but very excited. I was thinking of using your less aggressive calibration since we have similar mods minus exhaust and IMG. IMG will be put in soon. I was wondering would it be wise to load your calibration first rather than the base cold air map? I would think yours would be a better starting point since it was tuned for our similar mods.

Was your tuning done on the dyno or the street?

#49 ·
park83rsx: i think thats beacuse the UK ECU's do not have wideband. Hence the non movement from 14.7:1 :(

I have a AEM Wideband meter feed though the S02 sensor, but this is read in Volts not A/F

Andy

#50 ·
DazzaUK said:
Conrad, that graph you have posted, what mods is that car running. i.e Still NA or supercharger etc?
I think that was a car with just cold air and K-Pro. What we need is a library of such fixed angle dyno graphs for various NA and FI configurations. That would give us a much better understanding of optimal cam angles.

#51 ·
PacDog said:
Kpro coming in tommorrow. A little scared but very excited. I was thinking of using your less aggressive calibration since we have similar mods minus exhaust and IMG. IMG will be put in soon. I was wondering would it be wise to load your calibration first rather than the base cold air map? I would think yours would be a better starting point since it was tuned for our similar mods.

Was your tuning done on the dyno or the street?

First, run the untuned cai calibration and save the datalog. Then run my less agressive one. You should notice a slight bump in midrange (4500-6000rpm) performance. Save that datalog as well.

Then, look at your a/f ratio and knock count for those and tune from there.

If youre not sure what to do, post the datalogs on here and one of us or I will help ya out. :thumbsup:

Good luck.

PS....It was just street tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.