Supercharging a base rsx? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Drstrange

Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Drstrange is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Supercharging a base rsx?

Anyone know what would need to be done for me to supercharge my base rsx? All the superchargers im looking at say for the type s...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drstrange View Post
Anyone know what would need to be done for me to supercharge my base rsx? All the superchargers im looking at say for the type s...
I believe there is an issue with the pulley alignment. I seem to recall that one guys did it at one time, but it was huge work. To answer your question, "no" for practical purposes.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Highrev1
The GREG

Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member
Some clearances, some pulley alignment, other items.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
i VieTEC
Master Member

i VieTEC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
A day at MD Automotive research and development shop of Jackson Racing.

This is Jackson Racing's very own Type S. The supercharger was tested on this car. Notice the engine bay with the K20A2, the red arrows are just two of the many places that had to be modified for the blower to fit on a K20A3.

Below is the blower on my K20A3. The whole piece of metal where the base throttle bolts on to the supercharger was replaced. Notice the custom welding job because the stock throttle body is now mounted with 180 degrees rotation from stock.

This piece of metal where the power steering is mounted had to be cut to make some clearance room

My throttle body is now mounted parallel with the engine like the Type S and not at an angle like the stock base position. Check the locations of where the sensors are on a stock base TB and compare it with mine, they are very different.

Look at these thin little spacers between the power steering and the mounting piece. Three of them were made for three different mounting bolts. I think they were 0.050" thick

Custom scissor plate brackets with aluminum idler pulleys different than the plastic idler pulleys of the Type S

Spacers to hold the alternator, different than Type S

Custom mounting bracket for power steering pump. Blower pulley has a different offset than the Type S. The difference is -0.050" maybe more

Dyno testing to check belt alignment
http://www.titanium-rsx.com/dyno.mpg

Hondata Tuned K-Pro
3.7 pulley with 440cc injectors, AEM CAI, JR race header, stock Type S exhaut

Last edited by i VieTEC; 02-23-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Old 02-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
i should sticky this since these threads normally don't get a response as definitive as this... guess i could add a link in one of the other stickies.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
wow a lot of work! I'd go turbo for a base..
Old 02-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
So Fly
No Longer Blown...

So Fly is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Nice job man! Better numbers than I thought you'd get outta a base motor. Sticky this ish for future noobs
All Motor Crew #20
Old 02-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #8
i VieTEC
Master Member

I sold this rsx a few years ago, still miss it very much. I hope it's still running somewhere in Huntington Beach.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
RsxJai
Master Member

RsxJai is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by i VieTEC View Post
I sold this rsx a few years ago, still miss it very much. I hope it's still running somewhere in Huntington Beach.
Quick random question/thought Andy. What if you had just used a A2 throttle body instead of a A3's?

Didn't know you were still around.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
i VieTEC
Master Member

A used A2 throttle body would make your life a lot easier
Old 05-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Muse_Chevelle
Master

Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Can you ballpark the total cost of this?
Short On Mod Cash Crew Member #12
Base Crew Holla!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse_Chevelle View Post
already over and done with boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantav View Post
Your the fucking man
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
Justinmv24
Base Model

Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justinmv24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Can you ballpark the total cost of this?
i would like to know the same, i'm looking at this in the near future, but i may pay someone else to do it...
Old 08-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #13
Koreo
Master Member

Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Holy bump...

|Full Race|Garrett|Tial|K-Teller|Hondata|Injector Dynamics|Hasport|Walboro|Competition Clutch|Enkei|Rokkor|Progress|Junk2|Mugen|Blox|Defi |AEM|Hawk|Clubrsx|
Old 08-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #14
03ssmrsx
Blown

03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreo View Post
Holy bump...
atleast they searched......................................
Old 08-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
stwatson
Meth Blow Speed = my life

stwatson gets around and is known
stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ssmrsx View Post
atleast they searched......................................
13.0 @ 113mph (Traction is not my friend)
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #16
stwatson

stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Wrong thread....
Old 08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
Muse_Chevelle
Master

Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Base Crew Holla!
Quote:
Quote:
Your the fucking man
Old 08-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
stwatson

Quote:
To answer your question though...

no I do not know how much this would cost unfortunately.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #19
Muse_Chevelle
Master

dude, i asked that question may of last year
Base Crew Holla!
Quote:
Quote:
Your the fucking man
Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #20
2010 admin

Closing this thread because the guy who did it is basically a non-participant on CRSX these days and there is no point to bumping this without any new info. This thread is still searchable and if there's a question, you can always PM or email that member.

Closed Thread