**JByron's Smurftastic BabyBlue RSX** - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
JByron
Master Member

JByron is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
**JByron's Smurftastic BabyBlue RSX**

POST #160 bought a new (to me) car

Bought the car in July, 2001. Been through some stuff!

UPDATE 12-22-15
New OEM front bumper and Aspec front lip
New OEM fog lights
Type-s front BMC, prop valve, brake booster and SS rear lines
New LCA bushings
Top1motors side splitter
New wheels on Michelin pilot SS, aligned and corner balanced

Started with this:

Four years later (I swear, this look was in then!):

Four years after, made the biggest mistake by having it painted on the cheap. I like what I was going for, but execution was, well, cheap:

And today, conversion by ksmatic and paintjob by Galpin Autosports:

My best effort with my DSLR (missing some recent mods in these pics, like exhaust)

Some out and about pics through the years

For those wondering about wheel and tire specs, here's me answering some questions! Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_rsx
Question on your wheel tire set up. 18x9 30 offset wrapped in 235/40 18.
Quote:
camber kit installed with coilover.
Tanabe Pro-Fives with SPC camber kits front and rear. Front coils set two clicks above medium, rear coils at medium

Quote:
No rubbing? Even when hitting pot holes or high speed dip in the road where you bounce at times.
Absolutely no rubbing in these circumstances. Even going 80mph and big dip or bump in the roads. I can go over most speed bumps straight on. 100% rub-free. Alignment specs for this are -2.5 all four corners!

Quote:
High speed cornering. No rubbing?
High speed cornering, no rubbing. ONLY time I rub is driver's side when I am making a right turn up a driveway. That's it. I can't figure out why, I figure it's because I'm sitting there. 200lbs on one corner has gotta influence that. But when I am tearing through the canyons, even on big dip and sharp turns at speed, zero rubbing.

Quote:
You still have fender liners? You didn't roll up your fenders at all front and back?
I do still have my fender lines. They are trimmed lightly. What I did was put some painters tape all on the inside of the wheel well, then I took as many hard turns, etc as I could. When I got back, I looked for where the tape had rubbed off, and I simply cut that shape out.

All four of my fenders are rolled flat

Quote:
How much gap you got between tire and the edge of the fender?
A little less than one finger.

Last edited by JByron; 05-09-2016 at 08:16 PM..
JByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
chokfull
Unpopular

chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chokfull is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I like the portal sticker the best lol
chokfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
AxelTaylor
Master Member

AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though
Computer crashed.
AxelTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
coltzxli
Its Always Sunny...

coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
love the 8th pic! but is it not a type s?
coltzxli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
JByron
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltzxli View Post
love the 8th pic! but is it not a type s?

thx! nope it's not
Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
LimaRSX
#selfie

LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top
LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top LimaRSX is not even half way to the top

Fuck this fucking build crew
IG: LimaRSX

HotAvy&SigKrew
LimaRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
CB7
KOUKI DC5

CB7 is a name not to mess with
CB7 is a name not to mess with CB7 is a name not to mess with CB7 is a name not to mess with CB7 is a name not to mess with CB7 is a name not to mess with CB7 is a name not to mess with CB7 is a name not to mess with
Looks sick! makes me regret not doing a colour change when i got my paintjob
CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Clean. I'd lose the center caps but that's just me. Looks great though! Pics are huge too haha
Old 01-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
mazharracer
Mazharracer

mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
one clean ass base

Instagram: mazharracer
mazharracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
iallan
ABP type S

iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice car, nice pics. Surprised its a base auto.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
very nice

nice retrofits too, what are you dropped on?

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
mazharracer
Mazharracer

mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what retrofits r these??

Instagram: mazharracer
mazharracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
shattered_memory

shattered_memory is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I dig the wheels
shattered_memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazharracer View Post
what retrofits r these??
i think mh1's with e46-r shrouds

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
SilverS-STL

SilverS-STL is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Good color choice

Showoff Thread...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...1#post39577353
SilverS-STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
JByron
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB7 View Post
Looks sick! makes me regret not doing a colour change when i got my paintjob
thanks! yeah it's not too late is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
Clean. I'd lose the center caps but that's just me. Looks great though! Pics are huge too haha
nah not trying to fake the funk thanks

Quote:
one clean ass base

Quote:
Originally Posted by iallan View Post
Nice car, nice pics. Surprised its a base auto.
yep! thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
very nice

nice retrofits too, what are you dropped on?
tanabe pro-five coilovers

Quote:
what retrofits r these??
lightwerkz, e46 shrouds with MH1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered_memory View Post
I dig the wheels
rotas :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
i think mh1's with e46-r shrouds
by lightwerkz
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #17
b1LaLLn
Work Hard, Play Harder

b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx b1LaLLn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
very nice, its about time your car got a decent shoot. One of my fav base on the site!
b1LaLLn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #18
WHYTE_TYPEs
Master Member

WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WHYTE_TYPEs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
NICE... What Camera are u using?
WHYTE_TYPEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #19
brysx
Just Enjoy This Shit

brysx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
them splitters
Old 01-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #20
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
holy big photos batman! That color is sooooo sexy! Love your ride man
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
SA_DC5_NW
How You DOOIN

SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Love the colar/stance/over all look of it, I would change a few things tho. I like honda badges over acura. IS badges and a Integra would look very nice and clean. Another thing i would add would be clear side markers and ION or clear Fogs. Other than that its freash as fuck keep it goin. What does the interior look like?
SA_DC5_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #22
JByron
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYTE_TYPEs View Post
NICE... What Camera are u using?
Canon T3i !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysx View Post
them splitters
top one aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_DC5_NW View Post
Love the colar/stance/over all look of it, I would change a few things tho. I like honda badges over acura. IS badges and a Integra would look very nice and clean. Another thing i would add would be clear side markers and ION or clear Fogs. Other than that its freash as fuck keep it goin. What does the interior look like?
Interior is stock leather, but with the titanium trim, massive amounts of edead, CCF and mass loaded vinyl, plus 1000w RMS of stereo (400 to the fronts, 200 to the rears, and 400 to the sub) all on knukonceptz, 1/0 awg for the power, 8 awg for the sub, and 12g for the speakers.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
Frunkis
Casual Scum

Frunkis is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
THE PIXELS! MY EYES!

Car is color is
Frunkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #24
MadVillain
Training Mode

MadVillain is easy..................when it comes to rep MadVillain is easy..................when it comes to rep
MadVillain is easy..................when it comes to rep MadVillain is easy..................when it comes to rep
very clean

☆☆☆
MadVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #25
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
Garage
Sexy base !